[Scilab-users] Is cond([]) 0 or 1 ? (bug 15579)

Rafael Guerra jrafaelbguerra at hotmail.com
Sun May 27 23:49:34 CEST 2018

You guys may have missed the paper sent before on the algebra of empty matrices by Carl de Boor (Emeritus Professor in Mathematics and Computer Science), so I am sending it again:

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/0f3b/c36f19d5c6a761c19fbc3c4ebde2f31b0a10.pdf

He argues that the condition number of the square empty matrix [] = 0 and its det([]) = 1

Regards,

Rafael