[Scilab-users] [Scilab-Dev] algebra conventions with integer types to be discussed

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Sep 19 11:01:52 CEST 2018

Le 18/09/2018 à 19:26, philippe a écrit :
> Le 17/09/2018 à 19:03, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
>> Do I have to conclude that the implementation is currently so incoherent
>> that *nobody* uses integer types in Scilab (other than Scilab code
>> itself) ?
> it's a new feature,

It would not be a new feature, but a change. This means that for 30
years that Scilab
and its int8 uint8 int16 uint16 int32 uint32 datatypes exist, the
current algebra is used,
and is used in a consistent way, even if in some aspects we may deem
that this way
is too rough. At least, it is predictable, and manageable.
And so, changing the current algebra would break all codes implemented
with encoded
integers for 30 years.
While introducing an actually new feature breaks nothing.

Regards
Samuel