[Scilab-users] Scilab 6.0.1 extremely slow on new (high-end) laptop

Orbeaman ludovic.wagner31 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 11:53:37 CEST 2018

Hello,

I received my new laptop a few days ago and found out that Scilab 6.0.1 is
extremely slow. I would say that it takes about twice the time in comparison
to my previous laptop

- New laptop (available since since June 2018)
I9-8950HK GTX 1080 with 1 x 16GB RAM SSD RAID 0 Windows 10 Home Version 1803

- Old laptop (purcharsed in 2009)
I7-720QM GT 240M with 2 x 2GB RAM Linux 19.1 Mint

Basically, I would expect my new laptop to run Scilab much faster (it is
also almost 4 times more expensive).. I'm really disappointed!! Is it
possible that Scilab is not optimised for I9 CPU or Windows 10?

Does anyone encounter similar issues?

Many thanks