[Scilab-users] Scilab 6.0.1 extremely slow on new (high-end) laptop

antoine monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Sat Sep 29 12:54:11 CEST 2018

Hello Ludovic,

No, I've never seen something like that.
But it's sure you won't get the same build under Win10 and a vanilla
linux install.
On Windows, I know you can choose between Intel optimized libraries and
base ones, and on linux, it depends on whether you rebuild for your
machine or use the default binaries from the repos.
If you use a version that was optimized for a different CPU, you might
not get the best performance.

Here is what you can try:  you can boot the very same usb linux live
session (recent Ubuntu for example), install scilab and run a test
script on both your old and new laptop.
That way we could try to compare two situations where only the machine
is changing (not the os, not the scilab build).
If you want, I can try to run the same script on different machines
ranging from really old to fairly new...

Cheers,

Antoine