[Scilab-users] Scilab-users] v6.0.2 jpeg export problem - again

Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Fri Apr 12 09:15:38 CEST 2019

Hello Marko,

I could reproduce the problem.
Typing "jpeg" in Bugzilla, the problem does not seem to be reported yet :
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=jpeg&list_id=52325
I suggest you fill in a bug report.

> The suggestion in previous dismissals of this problem make the claim that it is
> "ALWAYS" a video card driver problem

In the bug report, you can include useful information from getdebuginfo() e.g. :

[a, b] = getdebuginfo()
 b  =

... []

!                                                                         !
!Operating System: Windows Seven x64                                      !
!                                                                         !
!Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz                                !
!                                                                         !
!Number of processors: 8                                                  !
!                                                                         !
!Number of Video cards: 1                                                 !
!                                                                         !
!Video card #0: NVIDIA Quadro K2200                                       !
!                                                                         !
!Primary Video card driver version: 9.18.13.4105                          !
!                                                                         !
!Screen size: 1920 x 1200 32 bits                                         !
!                                                                         !
!Number of Monitors: 1                                                    !

... []

However, JPEG is designed for photographs with subtle shades
and not for graphics with very few colours such as those produced by a plot in Scilab.

Of course this is not an excuse for the bug
but I suggest you stick with the PNG or SVG formats.

Regards

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer