[Scilab-users] ?==?utf-8?q? SciNotes and printf("...\n")

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Sat Apr 13 17:13:24 CEST 2019

Antoine,

The continuation mark .. doesn't work within strings. Something like this

disp("Hello, ..
world")

produces an error (actually, two errors).

I think it would be relatively simple to fix this syntax-highlighting
bug by just not letting that 2 dots trigger a change in syntax color
highlighting within a string.

Indeed, as per the documentation (help dot) this seems to be the only
valid use of .. other than at the end of a line or followed by a comment.

If one runs, for instance

a = [1 2 3 .. 4 5 6]

the Console enters in a mode expecting something more (> instead of
-->), the same as in the case of a line with a for, but I don't succeed
finding how to finish except cancelling with Ctrl-C.

Regards,

Federico Miyara

On 12/04/2019 14:39, Antoine Monmayrant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've seen the same with scinotes in 6.0.2, I don't remember seeing this in previous version.
> What occurs is that scinotes interprets two dots ".." as the continuation mark and stops coloring the rest of the line as string.
> (if you separate the two consecutive dots, the coloring is back to something nice).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Antoine
>

> Le Vendredi, Avril 12, 2019 11:47 CEST, P M <p.muehlmann at gmail.com> a écrit:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> what is the reason that SciNotes changes the colour from
>>
>> printf(".\n");

>> printf("...\n");
>>
>> In fact colour changes already when printing 2 dots.
>>
>> Though there is no error, its a bit confusing, since SciNotes indicates
>> that the leading quote sign is missing.
>>

>> I searched the SciNotes settings (scilab 6.0.2), but didn't find a setting
>> that controls the appearance.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Philipp

---