[Scilab-users] listfiles wildcards on linux & documentation

antoine.monmayrant+scilab at laas.fr antoine.monmayrant+scilab at laas.fr
Wed Apr 24 09:21:23 CEST 2019

Hi all,

The documentation of listfiles is not really clear to me:
     "Patterns are given to the Unix ls or to the Windows dir commands
in order to get information about files."
With my limited understanding of unix/linux, I thought that the
wildcards (patterns) are expanded by the shell, then the result gets
passed to ls.
I don't understand what patterns ls is supposed to expand here.

Anyway, here is my issue:

- in a shell, I can do :
     ls file_{10..15}.ext
   and get
     file_10.ext
     file_11.ext
     file_12.ext
     file_13.ext
     file_14.ext
     file_15.ext

- but in the same directory, this pattern does not work with listfiles
under scilab:
     listfiles("file_{10..15}.ext")
      []

Does anyone know the "patterns" that are supported by listfiles under
Windows, MacOS and Linux?
Should this info be added to the help file for listfiles?

Cheers,

Antoine