[Scilab-users] feedback on removing 1 row and 1 column

Carrico, Paul paul.carrico at auxitrolweston.com
Tue Apr 30 08:44:33 CEST 2019

Dear All

I've been using successfully Scilab for years, to develop my projects; I do not remember if I've ever had to deal with huge matrixes but that's the case today.

Using "csvRead", I got a matrix with 2.3 million of rows and 6 columns (it took about 240 seconds to read it :)); nevertheless I've been surprised when I tried to remove the first row and the last column using basically:

Indeed I needed to kill the process after about 10 minutes (same result both under Windows 10 and Linux - RAM not fully used).

By comparison, the same process is instantaneous under Python using Numpy (numpy.delete) using of course the same matrix.

A feedback I wanted to share ....

PaulEXPORT CONTROL :
« Cet email ne contient pas de données techniques »
« This email does not contain technical data »