[Scilab-users] gui2bitmap 1.0 is released

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sun Aug 4 00:22:30 CEST 2019

> Hello Philipp,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
> I still publish some 5.5.2 binaries because 5.5.2 is still rather used
> (and for a while,
> because it is the most stable version to date). So it's important that
> it runs as expected.
>
> I confirm the issue. I can't understand what occurs. I never put
> absolute paths anywhere in my code.

...But as an evidence, genlib() does !
Very unexpected, ugly, and unseemly, to store local personal information
in a compiled binary.
By the way, what for?! One does not expect to have any issue if we move
the directory of .bin.

This occurs at least on 5.5.2. genlib() has changed in 6.0. I will have
a look to the source code
to see if this path recording is still implemented.

The issue came from the fact, that in the .start script, the gui2bitmap
library was loaded with load() instead of with lib().
In 5.5.2, load() is able to work without complaining, but badly => error
only at the first call of the library.
In the other hand, lib() may have some reported issue in 6.0.

Anyway, it is now fixed. I have uploaded the binary for 5.5, and it works.
Since there is just one line different in the .start file, i won't
create a new gui2bitmap sub-version for that.
By the way, the uploaded sources are declared to be for 6.0.

Please do not hesitate to confirm that this is now OK as well on your
system.

Best regards
Samuel