[Scilab-users] gui2bitmap 1.0 is released

P M p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 22:22:21 CEST 2019

After updating Atoms it works now...thanks.

So here are some tests:

Screen: 1280 x 1024 px
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 210:
View images with IrfanView.

>From the 1st example of gui2bitmap.
f.axes_size = [650 400];

1.:  Exporting the figure WITH borders: resulting image is 658 x 448 px
=> +8 px in width
=> + 48px in height
--> understandable, because the toolbar and borders are added to the figure

2.: Exporting the figure WITHOUT borders gives 650 x 400 px...
all OK...The image content is exactly as created in Scilab

3.: Exporting an image with size > monitorsize:
Same behaviour as before, that means, pixels are either added when
used with borders.
Pixels are not added when used without borders.
However, the resulting image does only show pixels which are visible
at the monitor when Scilab disdplays the figure.

Conclusion:
When one trys to screenshot a huge figure, one has to be a bit careful
that the scilab figure does not exceed the monitor size.

One test by accident:

=> figure was created, but with content that overlayed the figure...in
my case I copied the example from the help page, without exporting the
figure.
The export command I typed in afterwards by hand...so the console
overlayed the figure.....as a result the exported image showed the
scilab figure beeing overlayed by the console.

That all makes sense, because at the moment of the screenshot the
figure was indeed hidden behind the console.

BR
Philipp

> Le 03/08/2019 à 23:12, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
>> Hello Philipp,
>>
>> Thanks for the feedback.
>> I still publish some 5.5.2 binaries because 5.5.2 is still rather used
>> (and for a while,
>> because it is the most stable version to date). So it's important that
>> it runs as expected.
>>
>> I confirm the issue. I can't understand what occurs. I never put
>> absolute paths anywhere in my code.
>

> ...But as an evidence, genlib() does !
> Very unexpected, ugly, and unseemly, to store local personal information
> in a compiled binary.
> By the way, what for?! One does not expect to have any issue if we move
> the directory of .bin.
>
> This occurs at least on 5.5.2. genlib() has changed in 6.0. I will have
> a look to the source code
> to see if this path recording is still implemented.
>

> The issue came from the fact, that in the .start script, the gui2bitmap
> library was loaded with load() instead of with lib().
> In 5.5.2, load() is able to work without complaining, but badly => error
> only at the first call of the library.
> In the other hand, lib() may have some reported issue in 6.0.
>
> Anyway, it is now fixed. I have uploaded the binary for 5.5, and it works.
> Since there is just one line different in the .start file, i won't
> create a new gui2bitmap sub-version for that.
> By the way, the uploaded sources are declared to be for 6.0.
>
> Please do not hesitate to confirm that this is now OK as well on your
> system.
>
> Best regards
> Samuel
>
>> The most puzzling is that, after your message, i just recompiled the
>> library, repushed to ATOMS
>> a -1 version of the binary. I have cleaned my local installation,
>> including the archive.
>> After atomsSystemUpdate(), now the version -1.bin is downloaded and
>> installed..
>> But the issue is still here! For the time being, i just remove the 5.5
>> release from ATOMS.
>> Either the issue is from my zipper (but i use the same for the 6.0
>> binary, and there is not
>> this issue...!), or from the ATOMS server (that knows the absolute
>> path when uploading
>> the zip. This is the only explanation i see for now... But still, why
>> only for 5.5.2?)
>>
>> Regards
>> Samuel
>>
>> Le 03/08/2019 à 22:03, P M a écrit :
>>> Hallo Samuel,
>>>
>>> I know...old system, but still....
>>>
>>> Win XP
>>> Scilab 5.5.2
>>> - Install gui2ibtmap from atoms.
>>>

>>> copy paste the first example into the console gives follwing

In Kanada is' ka' na' da. Sonst wär' Kanada Jemanda.

There we have the salad.