[Scilab-users] How to print GUI window?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Aug 7 11:40:50 CEST 2019

Le 06/08/2019 à 10:42, P M a écrit :
> one hint....
>
> what is the scale factor of your screen setting....mine was set to 125%
> I try to freely translate from German windows to english
> -> right click on desktop
> -> Display setting (or something like this..second from the bottom)
> -> change size of text, Apps and other elements
>
> back to 100% and the image looks different
> still there are pixels around the GUI from the background, but at
> least the complete figure is screen shotted

For the attached gui2bitmap_screensettings_100prct.png image attached to
that message on 06/08/2019 à 10:42,
as well as for the next one gui2bitap_win10.png posted the same day @
14h45, these "pixels" around
are a transparent border. Indeed, on Windows (as well win7), one can
tune the borders transparency.
I don't think that this system parameter can be easily known from Scilab
(maybe thanks to an undocumented
system_getproperty() key...?)
So, if the user wants to keep its windows settings, the only solution i
could see is to propose at the
gui2bitmap level to choose in the details, in the with-borders mode,
which border the he/she wants to keep:

  *   by default  : %T  will still mean "all borders".
  * otherwise : providing a boolean vector borders = [with_left,
    with_bottom, with_right] will be possible.

I will implement this for the next release.

Regards

Samuel