[Scilab-users] A gateway example in the current scilab-6.0.1 source still remaining in the scilab 5.5.2 old Scilab C API version.

René Grognard dositheus41 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 09:55:17 CET 2019

Dear user or developer experienced in the new Scilab C API,

All the sub-directory:
scilab-6.0.1/share/scilab/modules/dynamic_link/examples/gateway, giving a
nice, non-trivial example of a gateway, seems an identical copy of the same
sub-directory in scilab-5.5.2.

Is there somewhere a version converted for scilab-6.0.1 ?

The conversion does not seem at all obvious to me. For example I cannot see
how the simple instructions given by: Port to the Scilab 6 C API, in:
Gateways: from Scilab 5 to Scilab 6, could ever make this gateway
compatible with both the Scilab 5 and 6 APIs. (Is there a "mapping"
somewhere between the functions, etc, of the old and new Scilab APIs as
there is between Scilab and Matlab?)

The conversion of that gateway example --- with matrix multiplication in C
--- would be a far better example to: Getting started with API_Scilab, than
the rather trivial one given. At any rate as it stands the sub-directory in
question has no place within the current scilab-6.0.1.

Thanks for any comment and maybe the location of an updated version of this
particular gateway example.

René Grognard