[Scilab-users] A gateway example in the current scilab-6.0.1 source still remaining in the scilab 5.5.2 old Scilab C API version.

Antoine ELIAS antoine.elias at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Feb 1 14:48:47 CET 2019

Hello René,

With Scilab 5.3.0, late of 2010, we have introduce a new API that will
be compatible with new Scilab 6 environment.
The goal was to depreciate stackx.h interface too dependent on the
format of the old data storage format. ( called "stack" ).
This interface is defined in Scilab documentation :
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.0/en_US/section_57c66b650f71d7a7eaca3dfe608a4c08.html
During development of Scilab 6, we worked on a more efficient API:
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.1/en_US/api_scilab.html

If you want to write gateways and keep compatibility between 5 and 6,
prefer
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.0/en_US/section_57c66b650f71d7a7eaca3dfe608a4c08.html
If you want to write for Scilab 6 and more use
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.1/en_US/api_scilab.html

You can find examples in documentation or in the demonstration toolbox
'toolbox skeleton' in your Scilab installation folder.
(SCI/contrib/toolbox_skeleton)
For example the same gateway writes in both API:
--> edit("SCI/contrib/toolbox_skeleton/sci_gateway/c/sci_csum.c");
//compatible 5 and 6 version
--> edit("SCI/contrib/toolbox_skeleton/sci_gateway/c/sci_csum6.c");
//scilab 6 and more

Thank you for the report, we need to update or remove old examples.
Regards,
Antoine