[Scilab-users] Where is the best place for Scilab - xcos / ScicosLab - scicos questions and bug report?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Feb 23 17:22:33 CET 2019

Hello Farimani,

Le 22/02/2019 à 09:51, farimani a écrit :
> Lately I have been using SciLab - xcos / ScicosLab - scicos and have had
> several bugs and questions. Have tried the relevant StackOverFlow tag:
>
>   *  SciLab <https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=scilab>
>   *  ScicosLab <https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=scicoslab>
>   *  scicos <https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=scicos>
>   *  xcos <https://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=xcos>
>
> but it seems deserted, ended up answering my own questions. :) Also  the
> twitter account <https://twitter.com/Scilab>   is not responsive. The forums
> I have found here and  here
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/comp.soft-sys.math.scilab>   are
> also not working properly.

This usenet forum was my first place to post about Scilab 20 years ago,
before Google came with its groups.
Groups have complicated things, the traffic decreased, the ratio
spam/signal dramatically increased,
and now... this forum is almost dead, i guess. But its archives survive ;-)

> I have posted several questions, none published/answered.
Indeed, some of your messages have been published only today, from 1 to
3 days after posting...
Great to see that you are not discouraged by such an abnormal delay...!

> This subreddit <https://www.reddit.com/r/scilab/>   is
> also almost empty :(   the IRC channel <http://irc://irc.oftc.net/scilab>
> is also empty. I was wondering if you could help me know where is the best
> place to ask questions and also report bugs? maybe you have a
> Slack/Discord/Gitter chat rooms?

The official mailing lists listed
@https://www.scilab.org/about/community/mailing-lists
are the best places to post your questions and answers. So if they do
not work properly,
it's a big issue, indeed. It's always possible to post questions
directly on the archives
web interface. They are should be published online immediately (i
guess), but
not sent to the list

The official bug tracker http://bugzilla.scilab.org
is the only place to search for a bug's anteriority and history, and to
report
new native Scilab bugs.
For external modules, for modules having a forge with a tickets system,
the forge is
the best place to report their bugs, as for the SIMM module
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/SIMM
Its description ends with a "Report a bug" link to its forge:
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/SIMM/issues/
This is the best and only place for this module.

For external ATOMS modules not having any forge, comments on their ATOMS
pages are the best way to report their bugs.

HTH
Samuel