[Scilab-users] issue with xs2png

P M p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 17:10:44 CET 2019

Dear all,

I am building a figure with 4 subplots.

Now since I want to have a title in the figure I can use several options to
set a title on the figure.

Currently I use

subplot(221);
plot(...)
a1 = gca();
a1.title.Text = "my title";

However so far I understand, the title position is somehow bound to
the axis settings.
such as: if   xmin xMax yMin yMax are changing the position of the
title also changes.

Now: I need to have the title position independend of the axis settings.
A way of doing this is using a uicontrol in the "text"-format style.

Drawback: xs2png does not seem to save the uicontrol to the image....at
least the title build with uicontrol does not appear in the PNG-file.

Any hint?

Thank you,
Phil