[Scilab-users] issue with xs2png

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Feb 25 17:25:29 CET 2019

Hello P M
(Prime Minister ?)

Le 25/02/2019 à 17:10, P M a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I am building a figure with 4 subplots.
>
> Now since I want to have a title in the figure I can use several
> options to set a title on the figure.
>
> Currently I use
>
> subplot(221);
> plot(...)
> a1 = gca();
> a1.title.Text = "my title";
>
> However so far I understand, the title position is somehow bound to
> the axis settings.such as: if xmin xMax yMin yMax are changing the
> position of the title also changes.
> Now: I need to have the title position independend of the axis settings.

What do you mean? The position of the title can be explicitly set with

title("My title", "position",[xtitle, ytitle])

where the coordinates [xtitle, ytitle] are given in data scale.

Using this, a1.title.auto_position is turned "off", and the position
that you set should remain independent of any changes of data bounds.
Isn't it the case?

HTH
Samuel