[Scilab-users] Small problem with Scilab 6.0.1 code generation

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Feb 25 18:08:31 CET 2019

Le 21/02/2019 à 11:14, Vilppu a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone tried using code generation on my example model?
>
> I installed the new Scilab 6.0.2 and with that I get even less far with code
> generation. When trying code generation I get this Scilab pop-up window
> message:
> Undefined operation for the given operands. check or define function %c_a
> for overloading.

To once and for all fix this issue in your Scilab 6.0.2 sessions,
/provided that you have//
//write permissions on the Scilab installation directory/, please do the
following:

edit do_compile_superblock42
// CTRL+F: search the [++"] pattern (without []) and replace ++" => +"
// Save the file
predef clear
Dir = SCI+"/modules/scicos/macros/scicos_scicos";
genlib("scicos_scicoslib", Dir)

That's all. Restart Scilab.
In Scilab 6.0.2, "operation +" issues  do not occur, at least no before
compiling. I get:
    Generate a loader file
    Generate a Makefile
    Running the Makefile

!sorry compiling problem               !
!A Fortran or C compiler is required.  !
  blk  =
     []

This %c_a() issue is being fixed <https://codereview.scilab.org/20885>
in the next Scilab release.
On your side, do you still get "operation +" warnings with 6.0.2?

Samuel