[Scilab-users] Export plot from figure with uicontrols

ol.bond oleksiy.bond at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:52:45 CET 2019

Dear Izabela,

I had the same problem when working with GUI containing various control and
plot frame. Eventually, I found the solution.
The solution consists in copying of the axes handle from the frame to a
newly created figure.
For example, in my case, I have the following GUI
<http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/t496664/GUI.png>
Next, I get the handle to this graphics axes:

//It should be an axes entity
pl = findobj("Tag", "plot_1"); // It is a good idea to assign tag to your
axes when you create a GUI

and copy it to a new figure:

fig = scf();

copy(pl, fig.children);

which result in the same separate figure, which can easily be converted to a
graphics file: