[Scilab-users] Different results inside a function and in the console

Izabela Wójcik-Grząba iwoj at il.pw.edu.pl
Thu Jan 31 19:06:40 CET 2019

Hello,

I have a strange problem with simple calculations which are done inside
a function. I will put here exact data and formula:

p_x=

    0.
    0.
    0.
    0.
    0.
    0.

  p_x_pocz=

    0.
    0.
    0.
    0.
    0.
    0.

  reakcje=

    1.   1.03   2.1   -2.1    1.   2.
    4.   0.92   2.45  -2.45   5.   2.

  luzne_nr=

    1.
    4.

  u=

    4.6
    3.6
   -2.4
   -4.4
   -1.4

  l_poziom=

    5.1
    4.56

p_x(reakcje(:,5))=p_x_pocz(reakcje(:,5))+u(luzne_nr).*reakcje(:,2)./l_poziom;

When it is calculated inside the function I get a result:

p_x=

    0.93
    0.
    0.
    0.
   -0.89

When I use the same data and formula in the Console I get a correct
result:

p_x  =

    0.93
    0.
    0.
    0.
   -0.89
    0.

To check the input values I displayed the input data before the formula
in the function with disp, and then I used these values for calculations
in the Console.

Has andybody any idea what can be wrong? Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,
Iza