[Scilab-users] creating nice svg-files

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Mar 1 17:27:57 CET 2019

Le 01/03/2019 à 14:20, P M a écrit :
> Hi Christophe
>
> ... I figured out that in inkscape one can combine paths...( Ctrl++
> )... so that creates just one single area.
> so i have a solution.
>
> However it might be interesting to know, how Scilab fills the polygon
> when saving it as an svg.
> To me it seems something similar to a tessalation...building triangles
> to fill the area.
> The lines in the image are the triangle edges.

Yes, it's the case, at least as soon as the figure is in 3D. In 3D,
every surface defined by a set of (not necessarily coplanar) vertices is
decomposed as a set of joined triangles.

These "edges" are not extra drawn lines, but a very thin space (likely
1-pixel thin) in-between almost joined triangles edges. Indeed, changing
the background color changes their color.
The fix would be to output some triangles oversized by 1/10000 ?
This could have some potential drawbacks, like (partly) hiding some
lines actually drawn as edges, etc.
To be assessed.

Samuel