[Scilab-users] Where is the best place for Scilab - xcos / ScicosLab - scicos questions and bug report?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Mar 27 09:54:15 CET 2019

Le 27/03/2019 à 08:47, Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe a écrit :
> Hello,

I agree.

With Octave, main links are displayed in the ASCII banner at the startup.

With Scilab, all things are in the "?" main menu. This menu could be
improved:

  * first, it could be renamed more explicitly, for instance "Info"
    instead of "?"

  * second: it should be updated:
      o AFAIK, "Scilab enterprises" no longer exists. BTW, the main
        thing is to point to the "Scilab portal".
      o All goodies that are not already reachable through the toolbar
        are hidden in the "Links" submenu. BTW, the "Mailing lists" URL
        is outdated and leads to a 404 error.
      o A "Subscribe to Help lists" item could be added in the main list
        (not as a Link). It could display the "How to subscribe"
        information in the console.

Regards
Samuel