[Scilab-users] Where is the best place for Scilab - xcos / ScicosLab - scicos questions and bug report?

farimani f.s.farimani at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:23:13 CET 2019

Dear Stéphane,

It will certainly help to point more new users to this mailing list. However
I would argue that it is not just a matter of knowing this place but if this
place is attractive enough for new-comers:

1. Many users already have StackOverflow accounts and they don't have to go
through another registration process, which unfortunately is not very easy
on different Scilab related websites (e.g. ATOMS)

2. One StackOverflow I can use MarkDown / HTML to format my question /
answer nicely, include images ...

3. Some employees noways check the StackOverflow profiles. So it is a
motivation for many young generation to have a nice profile. in fact this
seems to be the reason why Python community is boosting up so fast.

please consider that I'm not saying this mailing list should be abandoned
nor replaced. I'm just saying a significant portion of Scilab users are
seeking help and ignoring them would not be beneficial for the community.

on a side note this Google group also deserves some attention:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/comp.soft-sys.math.scilab

some questions are asked there with no proper answers.