[Scilab-users] Where is the best place for Scilab - xcos / ScicosLab - scicos questions and bug report?

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Wed Mar 27 08:26:32 CET 2019

Le 26/03/2019 à 21:02, farimani a écrit :

> I would like to thank Stéphane Mottelet for taking the initiative and being
> present on StackOverflow. Thanks to his support now almost all new questions
> there have proper answers from a professional:
My personal experience is that the traffic on users at lists.scilab.org is
mostly composed of messages from rather experienced users talking to
each other. On the other hand, on  StackOverflow I see messages of
newcomers who don't even know the existence of an official mailing list.
I think we should fix this. But how ?

> https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/2/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/scilab
>
> I know it is too much work while basically the whole Scilab project is being
> handled by 3 core developers at this moment.
I must say that I am not one of these...
>   Thanks to his support we see
> more people encouraged to use the software and this hopefully will stimulate
> a positive momentum.

As I already said above, I am not sure that answering questions on
StackOverflow is a good idea. I am not saying that
users at lists.scilab.org shoud be the ONLY place but competent persons are
more easily reached there.

S.