[Scilab-users] A collection of Scilab GUI tutorials

farimani f.s.farimani at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 19:57:15 CET 2019

Dear All,

Trying to develop some GUIs for my own projects I realized there could be
place to collect some of the available examples on the internet and then add
proper explanations for the new users. So I created this repository:

https://github.com/Foadsf/ScilabGUItuts

given the fact that I'm not a programmer, I was wondering if some of you
guys / gals could help me with this.

The goals are:

    - to collect the available examples / samples / tutorials in one place
plus proper step by step explanations for novice users
    - make sure all variants of Scilab including ScicosLab, ScilabGtk and
the new forks Nsp / Tumbi, Balisc and Nelson are covered as much as
possible. I have tried to change the codes in a way to be cross-compatible
between Scilab and ScicosLab with little success so far.
    - make sure the examples are cross platform (Windows, macOS and
Linux...)
    - to transfer the existing documentation and restructure it to
light-weight markup languages such as MarkDown and AsciiDoc

to do:

    - complete the Documentation.adoc
    - collect more examples
    - test all the examples and add explanations (so far up to Ex007)
    - edit the examples to be sure they are compatible with as many Scilab /
ScicosLab variants as possible
    - transfer the MarkDown documentation to AsciiDoc

It would be great if you could take a look at it and help me with your
feedback and maybe contributions.

Best regards,
Foad