[Scilab-users] Scilab cannot work on macOS 10.15 Catalina: Any        progress in sight?

stephane.mottelet at utc.fr stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Mon Nov 4 13:31:24 CET 2019

  Thanks Heinz, this is weird. In fact the problem comes from the
libcurl which is bundled with Scilab. I think the lib was bundled for
historical reasons (libcurl was likely needed for old OSX versions).

Since the problem occurs for a Catalina clean install, without any
additionnal software such as Xcode, developper tools, command line
tools (which could eventually install a different curl binary), I
think we should remove these libraries from SCI/../../lib/thirdparty/,
or at least change the order in the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in the
bin/scilab script.

S.