[Scilab-users] Scilab cannot work on macOS 10.15 Catalina: Any        progress in sight?

stephane.mottelet at utc.fr stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Mon Nov 4 17:10:37 CET 2019

  Hello,

I don't have the regexp error. Here is my complete workflow:

1 - Delete the eventual previous Sciab 6.0.2 I had in the
/Applications/ folder
2 - Delete my .Scilab folder
3 - extract the .dmg I downloaded
from http://www.utc.fr/~mottelet/scilab/download/6.0.2/scilab-6.0.2-x86_64-2019-11-04.dmg
4 - double click the Scilab icon (with first launch usual but annoying
details...)
5 - click the ATOMS gui icon or type atomsList at Scilab prompt

Concerning the problem with IPCV (and maybe other packages with
gateways, I only tested IPCV), I did not address it in the above
archive. I only modified the scilab script (I will create a commit on
codereview.scilab.org) and removed the libcurl.dylib that was shipped
in lib/thirdparty folder.

Best,

S.

  Chin Luh Tan <chinluh.tan at bytecode-asia.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
>    from my end:
>
>    1. The warning for the 10.15 gone.
>    2. First launch from the app still give the regexp error when
> running atomsList, but after running one time from terminal and get
> it run successfully, I could run it from the app as after all.
>    3. atomsInstall for the module with gateway folder still
> extracted to 2 separate folders which need to be manually move in
> order for it to run. No issue for macros only module.
>
>    Thanks for the great effort. Is is possible to share the
> compilation steps?
>
>    rgds,
>    CL
>

>     ---- On Mon, 04 Nov 2019 22:40:20 +0800
> <STEPHANE.MOTTELET at UTC.FR> wrote ----
>
>> Did you test the Atoms stuff ?
>>
>> Heinz Nabielek <heinznabielek at me.com> a écrit :

>>> Works to perfection and without this funny warning.

>>> Thanks. Very helpful. Great suggestion. I would not have thought of it…..
>>>
>>> Thanks for your dedication to this work.Heinz

Liens:
------
[1]
https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/2/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/antispam.utc.fr/proxy/1/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/www.utc.fr/~mottelet/scilab/download/6.0.2/scilab-6.0.2-x86_64-2019-11-04.dmg