[Scilab-users] Accessing sound device using java api from scilab

Chin Luh Tan chinluh.tan at bytecode-asia.com
Wed Nov 6 02:54:46 CET 2019

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the release of Scilab Audio module for non blocking recording.

https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/bytecode_audio/1.0

atomsInstall("bytecode_audio")

Hi Samuel,

the source code hosted in github as stated in the atoms page, feel free to have a look and perhaps we could work together with your group to make this module even more complete.

Thanks.

Regards,

CL

---- On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 17:14:37 +0800 Antoine Monmayrant <amonmayr at laas.fr> wrote ----

Hi all,

For a small demo project, I am trying to show both the temporal signal and the spectrum of the sound recorded by the microphone of my laptop.
I managed to hack together a proof of principle that relies on the linux command "arecord" and uses "unix_g" scilab function.
I would be happy to go for a more portable way of recording the sound from scilab.
I know there is a java api for sound: As anyone here ever worked with it or tried to call it from scilab?

I've never tried to call a java api from within scilab.
If you have any ressource and/or tutorial on the sound java api or on calling a java api from scilab, it would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,

Antoine