[Scilab-users] Scilab cannot work on macOS 10.15 Catalina: Any progress in sight?

Chin Luh Tan chinluh.tan at bytecode-asia.com
Wed Nov 13 02:05:07 CET 2019

Hi,

We have move the MacOS discussion to this new thread, please reply to this thread in the future for this discussion.

I will answer the modification on the atomsExtract.sci first.

Once you have edit the function, you need to run the sci file above in order to use the updated code. However, this will only valid for temporary as long as you Scilab is active, and you did not run the command "clear" in Scilab.

To make it permanent for your machines, u can run the buildmacros.sci in the modules/atoms/macros (to be confirm, i am on windows now), the it will "compile" the sci file and make it permanent for you.

Thanks.

rgds,
CL

-----------------------

Hi,

I installed the Scilab from the new dmg:

=========

--> [version, opts] = getversion()

opts =

!GCC x64 modelicac release Aug 19 2019 11:47:50 !

version =

scilab-6.0.2

=========

When running Atoms from the menu it still would start nor populate the

atoms-list.

Running from terminal, this allows to run atomsList from command line but

not from. In fact the menu does not react to the mouse.

atomsInstall works from the command line, though.

Edited the atomsExtract.sci as described above, but I guess the sci has to

be re-compiled, correct?

Anyway, I restarted scilab ap by clicking on the app icon, and now I could

start the atoms GUI from the menu.

IPCV still shows the sub-directory issues. I fixed this again manually by

moving files and sue-dirs around.

Then I tried to install another module ("Neural Networks ..."). Again the

regex issue:

=======

Startup execution:

Start CelestLab => Version 3.3.1

Start IPCV 4.1 for Scilab 6.0

Image Processing and Computer Vision Toolbox for Scilab

2019 - Bytecode Malaysia

    Load macros

    Load dependencies

Pre-Compiled OpenCV lib used

    Load gateways

    Load help

    Load demos

at line 5 of function processHTMLLinks (

/Applications/scilab-6.0.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_gui/cbAtomsGui.sci

line 427 )

at line 113 of function updateDescFrame (

/Applications/scilab-6.0.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_gui/cbAtomsGui.sci

line 286 )

at line 22 of function cbAtomsGui (

/Applications/scilab-6.0.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_gui/cbAtomsGui.sci

line 36 )

regexp: Unknown error.

=======

So... no apparent change on my machine to the previous version (official

stable release) of Scilab 6.0.2.. Sorry.

mailto:users at lists.scilab.org