[Scilab-users] 2019.11.24 - Strange Bug open file Windows

Chin Luh Tan chinluh.tan at bytecode-asia.com
Tue Nov 26 03:50:41 CET 2019

Hi,

I am not sure how big the data you're trying to import into Scilab, it sould to me that this "one over 100" case might be something to do with memory management.

A few thing you could trouble shoot:

1. Is there any loop, or repeated tasks that import the data into Scilab.

2. Use the task manager and see whether the Scilab memory increase overtime during the execution of your program.

3. You might need to clear some huge variable (even thinking it might be reuse, try to clear it if it is no longer needed over that period of time)

4. Monitor the memory again after implementing the "clear" at step 3.

hope this helps.

rgds,
CL

---- On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 23:35:40 +0800 Perrichon <perrichon.pierre at wanadoo.fr> wrote ----

Dear,

I am writing a big  project  for hydraulic water consideration using scilab/xcos w10 v 5.5.2

In one corner of the project, I propose to load parameters coming from expertise, with the instruction

               ParFile = uigetfile(["*.par"],directory, "Load OpstSim : Chargement d''un fichier de paramétrisation", %f);

               if ParFile=="" then return; end;

>From time to time, Scilab is killed (one over 100). I also mean that this is not possible to stop Scilab with the windo manager (top of this system). The only way to escape is to turn off the pc battery of the pc (power down… !)

.

Any explainations ? I don’t see what i have to do but i take all solutions to go on. I am sad on this  and desapointed. I don’t see what to do

Best regards

users at lists.scilab.org