[Scilab-users] CLR design component is not clear in scilab 6.0.2 x64 W10

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Wed Oct 30 23:25:47 CET 2019

Samuel,

In another e-mail that for some reason was not sent (and was completely
deleted...) I mentioned this page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mathematical_symbols and standard
ISO 80000-2, which in its clause 9, item 2.9.5 says that symbol for
multiplication is either · or ×, and that they can be omitted if no
misunderstanding is possible, and presents two examples of omission, one
with space, such as /a/ /b/, and one without space, such as /ab/ (I
suppose this is when one has been already using /a/ and /b/ or they are
immediately explained).

I like the space more, it is more general and the only situation where
it would be ambiguous is between numbers, such as 1.234 58 (since the
thousand separator is a short space according to the ISO-BIPM GUM), but
between numbers × is customary.

Regards,

Federico