[Scilab-users] {EXT} help for specific plot

Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Tue Sep 10 16:44:23 CEST 2019

Hello,

> De : Vesela Pasheva
>
> I am dealing with a closed planar contour, presented in a struct PS.x,[],PS.y,[]
> with m points. The contour is closed, so m+1 point coincides with the first.
> Parallel to this I have a quantity TS (temperature) as an array which elements
> correspond to the points of the contour.
>
> The question is: how to present graphically the data - the points, and the
> temperatures. It seems to be a cilindrical surface, which base is the contour,
> and heghts are the values of TS.

I'm not sure to understand well but here are a few ideas:

1. The TS parameter can be the z axis.
If PS.x, PS.y and TS are vectors of the same size, try the param3d() function
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.2/en_US/param3d.html

something like

param3d(PS.x, PS.y, TS)

2. The TS parameter can be represented by a color.
Have a look at the scatter() function:
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.2/en_US/scatter.html

but you will have to discretize the TS values to associate a value to a colour
which is not straightforward.

You can also define a matrix of values,
you then discretize the x and y values.
The pixels corresponding to a (PS.x(i), PS.y(i)) have their TS value,
the other pixels have a %nan, then you can use grayplot()

https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.2/en_US/grayplot.html

Hope this helps

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan