[Scilab-users] spline and color plot on the chart

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Wed Apr 8 05:53:43 CEST 2020

Daniel,

You may try with lsq_spline, which unlike ordinary spline, doesn't fit
the data exactly, and it doesn't need the data with any particular order.

But trying to understand your graph, it seems that you should
parametrize two variables independently, each one with respect to the
index. Something like this:

x = [x1, x2, ..., xn]
y = [y1, y2, ..., yn]

Then you approximate x vs 1:n and y vs 1:n using spline or lsq_splin.
Finally you plot xs vs ys (the smoothed versions of x and y)

Regards,

Federico Miyara