[Scilab-users] Efficiency map

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Sun Apr 12 17:00:12 CEST 2020

Hello Daniel,

There can be different answers depending on what you are trying to
obtain at the end.

Do you need to smooth curves by themselves, or are you somewhat trying
to build  a smooth surface based on iso-value curves (your TORQUE X
SPEED curve ?) ?

In this latter case, can you provide the efficiency value associated to
each TORQUE X SPEED curve ?

In the former case, you need some ordering of your data, e.g. by angle
computed with center located at the mass center of points, then least
squares splines could be applied more efficiently.

S.

Le 07/04/2020 à 00:13, Daniel Stringari a écrit :
> Dear friends, I'm still a layman at SCILAB, but I'm using SCILAB this
> week to be able to plot an efficiency map through a routine I created
> on it. Basically the efficiency map is summarized in* annex 1_0 and
> annex 1_1*(I took it from the internet to exemplify the problem),
> where through a TORQUE X SPEED curve I have efficiency lines.
> In *annex 2*, I have an example of how my curve looks so far. Based on
> the example, I have two problems:
> 1) I tried to use the SPLIN function to interpolate the points, but it
> doesn't work considering that it works only with strictly increasing
> vectors. Any suggestions for me to smooth the curve?
> 2) When trying to add colors, I realized that most plotting functions
> do not work with values that are not real, which is my case ... All
> values with decimal places. Any suggestions for solving this other
> problem?
>
> Friends, I appreciate any form of help...
>
> attachments:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DZORDJfpoezDhzYYyn4oold1O1V1Yz0Z
> <https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/2/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/drive.google.com/open?id=1DZORDJfpoezDhzYYyn4oold1O1V1Yz0Z>

Stéphane Mottelet