[Scilab-users] Compiling Scilab for macOS

Chin Luh Tan chinluh.tan at bytecode-asia.com
Sat Apr 18 05:10:31 CEST 2020

Dear Nomiya San,

Thanks for your input, for ubuntu 18.04 I was able to make it with Openjdk-8, will take note on opensuse leap 15.1 on this issue if i came across this in the future. Great to have experience from all dev/user on the compilation for different distro.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Chin Luh

---- On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 22:08:03 +0800 Masaru Nomiya <nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp> wrote ----

Hello,

In the Message;

 Subject    : Re: [Scilab-users] Compiling Scilab for macOS
 Date & Time: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 21:38:54 +0800

[CLT] == Chin Luh Tan <mailto:chinluh.tan at bytecode-asia.com> has written:

[...]
CLT>   Do count me in, 2.5 of us compiling this now, as I am not so
CLT> familiar with CLT>   MacOS actually so just count me as 0.5.

CLT>   I did the compilation using the third parties installed with
CLT>   brew, including the adoptopenjdk 8 with brew cask install.

In case of openSUSE Leap 15.1, I can compile with java 1.9.0 openjdk.
With java 1.8.0 openjdk, I've never succesed compiling.

HTHs,

Regards,

---
┏━━┓彡 Masaru Nomiya             mail-to: m.nomiya @ gmail.com