[Scilab-users] ipcv vs scicv

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Thu Dec 3 17:36:29 CET 2020

This is the way it works in scilab for libraries:

mkdir  lib1
mputl("function y=foo(x);y=x;end","lib1/foo.sci")
genlib("lib1","lib1")
mkdir  lib2
mputl("function y=foo(x);y=2*x;end","lib2/foo.sci")
genlib("lib2","lib2")
lib("lib1")
lib("lib2")

->  lib1.foo(1)
  ans   =

    1.

-->  lib2.foo(1)
  ans   =

    2.

S.

Le 03/12/2020 à 17:28, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :

> On 03/12/2020 02:10, TanCL wrote:
>> Hi, my previous message seems like not able to get posted due to some reason,
>> just to add some comment on this, I think the functions with same name under
>> 2 different modules could be possibly called by:
>
> That is exactly how things are working in Ada:
>
>     myfunc : local definition in the current file
>     somepackage.myfunc : definition one can find in somepackage that
>     is included in the current file by "with somepackage;"
>
> And one can rename the package with "package S renames somepackage"
> which allow writting "s.myfunc"
> I assume it's similar in Python too.
>
> Antoine
>
>> moduleA.myfunc