[Scilab-users] file permission and demo_gui()

Jean-Yves Baudais Jean-Yves.Baudais at insa-rennes.fr
Wed Dec 23 11:46:54 CET 2020

Hello,

  When I installed Scilab, I unziped the file on my home directory. The permission for all files is read only, and execute if needed. Then, the demo_gui() needs to be executed twice to work.

The first time, in file demo_gui.sci:
- line 54, the permission of 'File' is read only;
- line 55, 'File2' has not been created yet;
- line 58, 'File2' is created with the same permission as 'File';
- line 65, 'xmlWrite' cannot write because of read permission only and demo_gui() stops with the error message "Cannot write the file...".

The second time 'File2' exists, then demo_gui() works.

By default, unzip doesn't change the permission, timestamp... So, is it a bug?

--
Jean-Yves Baudais