[Scilab-users] file permission and demo_gui()

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Dec 23 14:58:16 CET 2020

> Le 23/12/2020 à 11:46, Jean-Yves Baudais a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>>    When I installed Scilab, I unziped the file on my home directory.
>> The permission for all files is read only, and execute if needed.
>> Then, the demo_gui() needs to be executed twice to work.
>>
>> The first time, in file demo_gui.sci:
>> - line 54, the permission of 'File' is read only;
>> - line 55, 'File2' has not been created yet;
>> - line 58, 'File2' is created with the same permission as 'File';

This is an issue, because File2 is copied from File in your TMPDIR where
all files are assumed to be writable.

>> - line 65, 'xmlWrite' cannot write because of read permission only
>> and demo_gui() stops with the error message "Cannot write the file...".
>>
>> The second time 'File2' exists, then demo_gui() works.

Yes, because File2 exists, but has not been possibly updated according
to your Preferences=>General demo GUI  preference.

I will try to test by forcing File permissions on my system, and see
what copyfile() does.