[Scilab-users] file permission and demo_gui()

Jean-Yves Baudais Jean-Yves.Baudais at insa-rennes.fr
Wed Dec 23 18:14:57 CET 2020

> Never met this issue. It looks proper to your install. Could you please
> post the actual full error message? Presently, we don't know if you are
> analyzing the issue, or if you -- partially -- report it. In addition to
> the described installation, the full error message would definitely help.

I analyzed and detailled the issue. The full message is

--> demo_gui()
at line    49 of function demo_gui ( SCI/modules/demo_tools/macros/demo_gui.sci line 65 )
xmlWrite: Cannot write the file: /tmp/SCI_TMP_22935_iLRVVA/demo_gui_dockable.xml

Notes that the permission of /tmp/SCI_TPM_22935/ directory is 'wrx'. All created files by Scilab in /tmp/SCI_TMP_22935/ are 'wr' ones, except demo_gui_dockable.xml (because of the use of copyfile function and because of the original file permissions).

--
Jean-Yves