[Scilab-users] file permission and demo_gui()

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Dec 23 18:28:44 CET 2020

Le 23/12/2020 à 18:14, Jean-Yves Baudais a écrit :
> I analyzed and detailled the issue. The full message is
>
> --> demo_gui()
> at line    49 of function demo_gui ( SCI/modules/demo_tools/macros/demo_gui.sci line 65 )
> xmlWrite: Cannot write the file: /tmp/SCI_TMP_22935_iLRVVA/demo_gui_dockable.xml
>

> Notes that the permission of /tmp/SCI_TPM_22935/ directory is 'wrx'.

Thank you for this confirmation and additional information.

> All created files by Scilab in /tmp/SCI_TMP_22935/ are 'wr' ones, except demo_gui_dockable.xml (because of the use of copyfile function and because of the original file permissions).

This is really the point. This copyfile behaviour looks proper to Linux.
More tests about it would be required, and compared to file permissions
coming from unix("cp ...")

If your first results are confirmed, as well from other Linux users, it
will be clearly an issue to address ASAP.

Best regards