[Scilab-users] Sine integral

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Wed Feb 5 03:42:01 CET 2020

Dear All,

Is there a primitive implementing the sine(x)/x indefinite integral
(called sine integral, Si)?

I couldn't find it either among the special functions or trigonometric
functions collections. It is an important function in signal processing
(for instance a non-aliased rectangular pulse requires Si).

I know it would be possible to find the value for given x using
integrate or intg, but I'm sure it would be much more efficient to use
an approximation such as a Taylor series combined perhaps with an
asymptotic approximation, than to massively compute a definite integral
for each single value.

Regards,

Federico Miyara