[Scilab-users] Bitget for int64/uint64

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Thu Feb 27 16:58:04 CET 2020

Le 27/02/2020 à 16:17, JLan a écrit :
> I wonder if i have misunderstood the documentation for bitget, or if this is
> a bug? It seems to me that numbers > 2^53 are still not handled correctly.
> --> a=uint64(2^61)
>   a  =   2305843009213693952
> --> b=uint64(2^61)+1
>   b  =   2305843009213693953

bitget(b,1)

--> bitget(b,1)
  ans  =
   0

is a bug.
bitget.tst tests int64 and uint64 cases with other inttypes:
--> edit SCI\modules\elementary_functions\tests\unit_tests\bitget.tst

When bitget() has been extended to 64 bits integers ~3 years ago,
several bugs have appeared about the processing of these integers by
other Scilab functions, noticeably some functions involved in the bitget
implementation.
Not all are fixed (actually, only few of them are fixed).
But maybe it's another issue here. I could have a look, about this
specific case.

If you can do other tests and get issues, please report all of them on
bugzilla.
Thanks