[Scilab-users] Some inconsistency during installation o 6.1

stephane.mottelet at utc.fr stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Thu Mar 12 22:21:45 CET 2020

  Hello Frederico,

Thank you for your posiitve feedback on 6.1 display improvements. I
think you are the only user who did so on the ML.

Concerning the problem of rationals display, which is done in
%r_p.sci,  for the moment it is impossible to respect the actual
mode() value, because overloads are systematically evaluated with
mode() == -1. This a current limitation of overlading mechanism and
fixing it is doable but not trivial (at least from my point of view).

Best,

S.

Quoting Federico Miyara <fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar>:

> Dear all,
>
> I've just installed version 6.1. When installing it there is a
> button "About modules...". Clicking on it opens the following link
> in the browser:
>
> https://wiki.scilab.org/howto/install/windows[1]
>
> However, it refers to Scilab 5.5.2, not even 6.0.2, so may be this
> already happened for the preceding versions. It is not important,
> but considering that the link is there, it should point to an
> updated link.
>
> I didn't test it too much yet, but the new really compact version of
> mode(1) is most welcome, especially for those of us who use
> small-screen laptops. Also welcome is the single-line presentation
> of polynomials, with in-line exponents using superscripts.
> However, full compactness doesn't seem to work with rationals, since
> a blank line is still appearing before the result, for instance,
>
> --> q = (1-%s)/(1+%s^2)
>  q  =
>
>    1 -s
>    -----