[Scilab-users] Some inconsistency during installation o 6.1

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Thu Mar 12 21:06:20 CET 2020

Dear all,

I've just installed version 6.1. When installing it there is a button
"About modules...". Clicking on it opens the following link in the browser:

https://wiki.scilab.org/howto/install/windows

However, it refers to Scilab 5.5.2, not even 6.0.2, so may be this
already happened for the preceding versions. It is not important, but
considering that the link is there, it should point to an updated link.

I didn't test it too much yet, but the new really compact version of
mode(1) is most welcome, especially for those of us who use small-screen
laptops. Also welcome is the single-line presentation of polynomials,
with in-line exponents using superscripts. However, full compactness
doesn't seem to work with rationals, since a blank line is still
appearing before the result, for instance,

--> q = (1-%s)/(1+%s^2)
  q  =

    1 -s
    -----