[Scilab-users] Scilab 6.1 too slow to list large vectors

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Mon Mar 30 11:56:32 CEST 2020

Dear All,

I have observed that Scilab 6.1 seems to have a regression respect to
6.0.2. Sometimes one forgets to put semicolon after the coputation of a
vector with tens of thousands components. Scilab 6.0.2 listed all the
components very fast. That was nice because one hadn't to cancel the
computation, it took about 1 s. With 6.1 it takes much longer. For instance

Fs  =  44100
T  =  2.5
t  =  [0:T*Fs]/Fs;
ximp  =  exp(-t/0.3).*rand(t,"normal")  +  0.004*rand(t,"normal");

tic
ximp  =  ximp(:)
toc

This takes 1.36 s in 6.0.2

The same code in 6.1 takes 182 s

Any idea why?

I know I can cancel at any moment the script execution, but if there
were a process that took a lot of time one wouldn't be willing to stop it...

Regards,

Federico Miyara