[Scilab-users] IPCV imread

P M p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 13:20:18 CET 2020

Dear Experts,

please improve my understanding of the IPCV function imread for following
context:

I have an image which is told to be a 3-channel image.
At least with IrfanView I get a bit depth of 24 ... so I expect it to be an
RBG image.

However: The image contains - on purpose - only 2 colors.

Now:

img = imread(imPath);       // reads image as boolean

img = double(img);            // convert to double.

Question:        Why does the imread-function read the image as a boolean
image and not as a 3-channel image?

Note:              I am totally fine with the result of imread..just being
curious.

Thank you,
Philipp