[Scilab-users] IPCV imread

Chin Luh Tan chinluh.tan at bytecode-asia.com
Thu Nov 12 12:32:10 CET 2020

Hi,

These was a part in the code to check if the image read into Scilab only consist of 2 values, min and max, and it will be automatically converted to binary image.

If you're using Windows, consider to download version 4.1.2.3 from https://github.com/tanchinluh/IPCV/tags and use the extra input to force reading in 3 layers.

img = imread(imPath, IMREAD_COLOR = 1);

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chin Luh

---- On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 20:20:18 +0800 P M <p.muehlmann at gmail.com> wrote ----

Dear Experts,

please improve my understanding of the IPCV function imread for following context:

I have an image which is told to be a 3-channel image.

At least with IrfanView I get a bit depth of 24 ... so I expect it to be an RBG image.

However: The image contains - on purpose - only 2 colors.

Now:

img = imread(imPath);       // reads image as boolean

img = double(img);            // convert to double.

Question:        Why does the imread-function read the image as a boolean image and not as a 3-channel image?

Note:              I am totally fine with the result of imread..just being curious.

Thank you,

Philipp

mailto:users at lists.scilab.org