[Scilab-users] mesh2d - finding identical points

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Fri Nov 20 11:46:50 CET 2020

Hi again,

Le 20/11/2020 à 11:30, P M a écrit :
> OK,
> some more background:
>
> I actually want to perform a delaunay triangulation on a set of
> X-Y-Z-coordinates.
I suppose you mean a triangulation of scattered X-Y-Z but you call
mesh2d with X-Y only ?

> I know of CGLAB, but it seems only available to Scilab 6.0.x, while I
> am on Scilab 6.1.0
CGLAB is based on a very old version of CGAL and thus is very hard to
maintain as is. There is a lot of work...

> So the nearest thing to a delaunay triangulation I found is mesh2d...
Yeah. Suboptimal choice indeed...
> Because of the delaunay triangulation, I am not sure if the order of
> points may change.
What do you mean ?

> About unique:
>
> The result I get is actual of same size as the input matrix...I
> therefore do assume that each point is unique in the first place
> (which they actually should).
>
> What does repeat are individual x, y, z coordinates, but in different
> combinations.
> So the actual point is different.
>

> e.g.:    x may repeat, but than the y-z-coordinates are different from
> point to point

Could you share the data (you can send me a private message) ?

S.

> Thanks,
> Philipp
>

> Am Fr., 20. Nov. 2020 um 10:57 Uhr schrieb Stéphane Mottelet
> <stephane.mottelet at utc.fr <mailto:stephane.mottelet at utc.fr>>:
>
>     Hi Philipp,
>
>     Glad to hear that some people use mesh2d. I know we have to
>     improve the error message by getting the numbers at the Fortran
>     level... There is also other errors which are not easy to fix
>     without knowing the number of the problematic point (point too
>     close to the boundary, for example). Can you file a bug on BZ ?
>
>     S.
>
>     Le 20/11/2020 à 10:03, P M a écrit :
>>     Dear all,
>>
>>     using the mesh2d - function I get an error: mesh2di: some points
>>     are identical.
>>

>>     How to identify these points and remove the duplicates?
>>
>>     There are roughly 500'000 coordinates....
>>
>>     Thank you,
>>     Philipp

>     --
>     Stéphane Mottelet
>     Ingénieur de recherche
>     EA 4297 Transformations Intégrées de la Matière Renouvelable
>     Département Génie des Procédés Industriels
>     Sorbonne Universités - Université de Technologie de Compiègne
>     CS 60319, 60203 Compiègne cedex
>     Tel : +33(0)344234688
>     http://www.utc.fr/~mottelet  <https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/1/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/www.utc.fr/~mottelet>

Stéphane Mottelet