[Scilab-users] converting octave script imremap to scilab

P M p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 22:55:23 CET 2020

Dear All,

I am trying to map an image onto a 3D surface.
The image contains reference points, which with known 2D pixel coordinates.
The 3D equivalent of these reference points is as well known.
The 3D shape is represented by a set of X-Y-Z coordinates.

For mapping the image onto a delaunay-triangulated surface I found
following function:

"imremap"...which - as far as I understand - should do what I want.

now: "imremap" uses  "interp2"...and unfortunately both functions are in
octave.

imremap:   https://searchcode.com/codesearch/view/9585363/

interp2:     https://searchcode.com/codesearch/view/20327397/

Converting the functions to Scilab seems to become an elephant, especially
for interp2.

If one could avoid  "interp2" , then "imremap" could be possible relatively
easy converted to Scilab.

Any ideas which Scilab function would work like interp2?

Thank you,
Philipp