[Scilab-users] plot2d3()

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Thu Apr 29 04:53:11 CEST 2021

Samuel,

> Nice plot (a Power Spectrum Density after applying an open window()..?
> :-))

Actually, it is the FFT of a short tone burst (completely open, boxcar
window :) ) with thrice its length zero-padding

> I see two issues with this trial:
>
>   * setting y_ticks labels by hand cancels the auto_ticking mode for
>     ordinates, if we resize the graphic window
>   * The y value on datatips becomes wrong

This is true, I just needed it to export once to SVG so I ensured the
desired size before actually running the workaround (which, by the way I
mproved to avoid having to enter the values by hand)

> In the meantime, here is another possible workaround, that is both
> auto_ticking and with correct datatiped values:
> // Raw data [n,  ybase]  =  (10,  -12);
> y  =  ybase  +  9*grand(1,n,"def");
> // Actual data y  =  [ybase*ones(y);  y  ;  ybase*ones(y)];
> x  =  (1:n)  .*.  [1  1  1];
> // Plotting clf,  plot(x(:),  y(:),  "-o")
> set(gce().children,  "mark_stride",3,  "mark_offset",1);

This seems a very good workaround! Probably it would be better if
drawing first the lines and then the circles only for the original data.

Thanks!

Federico