[Scilab-users] slight bug in exists()

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Tue Feb 9 03:24:23 CET 2021

Dear all,

I had already mentioned this a while ago
(http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-exists-yields-double-tt4039853.html),
but as I guess we are in the update season, it would be good opportunity
to fix this (if there isn't strong opposition, or a good reason for this
behavior, of course).

I'm referring to the fact that the function exists() should by nature
yield a Boolean result such as T or F. However, it yields 1 or 0. While
this is not a big deal, similar functions performing a binary decision
on their arguments, such as isreal(), isvector(), isfile() and many
others, yield Boolean results.

Regards,

Federico Miyara